navigate and tag
sleeping with the light on

welcome to my life! To navigate and tag, go to the top right hand corner - home - guestbook - blogger - template - movie critic - Quizes *UPDATED* -

15 June 2007

OBS

Just came back from the DSTA 5 days OBS :) it was really fun and enjoyable. was a little shag after the whole thing, but I'll give a short summary of the 5days.

Day 1

Reached Pulau Ubin and was split into 3 watches. My watch is called Tock Seng (as in Tan Tock Seng) and our instructor is Candy. we started playing some games, and there was this animal game, where everyone is blindfolded and the members of team have to find each other by making the sound of the animal we were assigned to. we got cow and were the 1st team to assemble. so which was why we got our moo moo identity. then we started climbing the inverse tower. I partnered Michelle and we tried the zig zag bar one. unfortunately for me, I was unable to get past the tube :( so we couldn't get to the the top. but it was a fun experience. Later into the night, we were packing to get ready for our sea expedition. The girls were in charged of the food (and we later realised that we should actually pack more stuff). Sleep was bad, the ground was so hard. My watch had decided that the tent is prolly too hot with fly sheet, so we decided to do without it for 2 of our tents. later in the night, it rained. :S

Day 2

Sailing! Early in the morning, we started packing on to our cutter using the viper. and I have to fall down twice and bruise my left knee :( more abrasions! :( when we were almost ready to set sail, there was CAT 1 :( so we all have to rush back to camp 1. and there, I fell asleep. haha... when the sky was cleared again, we rushed back to the cutter again. and this time, our baby avon got prob, so we were the last to set sail. then there was a change of plan. instead of Changi, we head to camp 2. so we spent 4hrs sailing to camp 2. it was amazing to know that there are so much stuff involved in sailing and that everyone on the cutter has to collaborate well in order to have a good course ahead. the guys were great. doing all the tekan and brute force stuff for the 5 of us. :) The 5 of us were like standing there looking lost. haha... then we finally reached camp 2. and we are the latest again. There was no viper for us this time. so we had to use the baby avon. but the engine spoilt :( so had to paddle there. after some paddling, the instructors decided to use the viper to get us. At night, we had to do sentry duty. so I made this mad suggestion that the whole watch go down together. and we were there from 12-2.30am till we all buay tahan. and it was a relatively good sleep as we were all damn shag.

Day 3

Sailing again. this time we were again last to get onto the cutter. was another long trip this time. and we were sailing towards Sembawang. took the helm near the end of the trip :) was really fun :) Then we had to unload to head to Sembawang. the place near the beach was horrible :( full of sand flies, mosquitoes, ants and what nots. was damn badly bitten :( we had a cooking competition there at Sembawang. our watch, decided to jus pour campbell onto instant noodles, which turned our quite well. I must say Washington watch did a good job though. haha... then we had our dinner there. Then came the "bad" news that we have to sleep in the cutter. in the end the Ameen and Amaan ferry service sent the girls back to the cutter for us to do our wash up. I must say we took quite long, and again was the last team to get ready for sleep. so we were all like quite stinky and had to powder bath all the way. In the end, I slept on the seat, with both my feet stuck out into the sea and woke up with a cramp in the feet because it was so damn cold. so I woke up to get another poncho.

Day 4

when I woke up, I was sleeping on the side, and feeling a lot of cramps, cos I was still very cold. I did a turn and fell off the seat. :( more bruises :( after a bit of washing up (with seawater) the instructor make us do a morning dip. it was so cool! I must say. I am starting to like the sea now. but when I come to the cutter, my left knee abrasions started hurting like mad again :( today I was baking in the sun and got damn tanned, or rather damn sunburnt. cos I can't really be bothered with putting on more sunblock again. we set sail. the first part was super calm, so we all had to row there. so it was dip-pull-dip-pull all the way until the wind started to pick up. damn hot lah! finally we got back to camp 1! and it was already quite late. After that we had a night walk, and we walked to camp 2 in like 30min (while we took 4hrs to sail there :S ) night walk was a nice one. we had to share something about ourselves which many people wouldn't know. and I talked about my salvation. throughout the night walk I didn't fall! haha... at night, I was trying to psycho people to play cards with me, but apparently everyone is like too shag or something. I fell asleep quite fast at the end as well.

Day 5

Back to civilisation! Our last challenge was the trapeze. I jumped twice, but was this close to grabbing the bar :( all the guys managed to get the bar and all the girls didn't... lol... finally, it was going back to mainland. quite a lot of mixed feelings, but was glad to get back. back at mainland, the whole watch went to KFC for a tea break. before heading home.

before I know it, I dozed off at 11pm.

and I woke up the next day at 4pm.



Tock Seng rocks :D

Labels:



Posted by gal_blue |


« Home | conveyor belt » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © sleeping with the light on 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger